Our Mission and Values
LEAF Council on Alcoholism and Addictions is dedicated to helping create a community where children and adults can live in healthy environments that are free from the effects of alcoholism and other addictive diseases. We accomplish this through the provision or support of education, prevention, referral, treatment, collaboration, and advocacy.
LEAF seeks to
Prevent the disease of alcoholism, other drug addiction diseases, and problems associated with the use of alcohol and other drugs.
Educate the public and professional community about the risks of excessive alcohol and/or other drug use.
Educate the public about alcoholism and other drug addictions as treatable family diseases.
Encourage proper diagnosis, treatment, and continuum of care for individuals and families with alcoholism, other drug addictions, and associated problems.
this purpose by
- Linking clients with appropriate treatment, developing and implementing community education programs
- Serving as a respected and reliable source of information on alcoholism, other addictions, and associated problems
- Giving special emphasis to improving the awareness and understanding of leaders, educators, health professionals, and the media about the disease of alcoholism and other drug addictions diseases, their medical complications, and related social and economic problems.
- Identifying the needs of Otsego and Chenango County residents in regard to every aspect of alcoholism and other drug addictions, and advocates for the establishment of policies and programs to meet these needs.
Leatherstocking Education on Alcoholism & Addictions Foundation, Inc. carries out its mission by the direct action of its Board of Directors and staff working cooperatively with a wide range of state, national, and local groups and individuals to address concerns about alcoholism, other drug addictions, and associated problems.
LEAF’s mission is:
- To prevent addictions and associated problems.
- To educate the community about the risks of excessive alcohol and other drug use and about alcoholism and other addictions as treatable family diseases.
- To encourage proper diagnosis, treatment, and appropriate care for individuals and families.
Over the years, many Otsego County residents have turned to LEAF for help and found themselves on the threshold of recovery. We are now proudly providing services to both Otsego and Chenango County. More than ever LEAF remains committed to reclaiming lives, strengthening families, and building healthy communities in Otsego and Chenango County.